Hands-and-Feet Turkey CraftDifficulty: Easy
Children will enjoy tracing their hands and feet to create this one-of-a-kind paper turkey craft for Thanksgiving.
What you'll need:
Step 2 - Cut out all the pieces
- Construction paper in brown, tan, orange, red, yellow and white
- Wiggle eyes (optional
How to make it:Before You Start
- Find a place to work, and protect it with a large sheet of paper.
- Gather all your materials.
- Read all the directions.
Step 1 - Trace the child's hands and feet
- Trace two feet (with shoes on) on brown construction paper.
- Trace two hands on tan construction paper.
- Trace two hands on red construction paper.
- Trace two hands on orange construction paper.
- Trace one hand on yellow construction paper.
- Cut out all the hands and feet tracings.
Step 3 - Make the Body
Put the two feet tracings together to make the turkey body and head, placing the heels together one on top of another, and spreading the bottoms apart as in the illustration. Glue.
Cut two feet out of the orange scraps, then cut a diamond shape for the beak. Draw the eyes on white paper and cut them out, or use wiggle eyes. Make the wattle out of red construction paper. Glue each piece onto the body as shown.
Step 4 - Attach the tail
Glue the red, orange, and yellow construction paper hands behind the brown body to make the tail.
Step 5 - Wings
Position the two tan hands on either side of the body to make the turkey's wings and glue them in place.
Enjoy your decoration. Be sure to put the date on the back, so that in future years you'll be able to know when it was made.
Have fun making a whole flock of turkeys—or enjoy making a turkey each year to chart how much your child has grown.