This craft foam Valentine's Day hat wiggles when you move your head! Use green foam and a four leaf clover to create the same hat for St. Patrick's Day.
What you'll need:
- Red pre-cut adhesive-backed craft foam hearts in small (2) and large (2) sizes
- Red chenille stems
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun
- White poster board
- Stapler, tape, or glue (to fasten hat together)
- Pink pre-cut adhesive-backed craft foam hearts in small size (optional)
How to make it:
- Cut a strip of poster board to fit around a child's head and about 2" wide.
- Determine where the sides of a child's head is by trying the band on. Mark with pen.
- Cut red chenille stems in half using the wire cutters.
- Glue the stems on the outside of the poster board where marked.
- Glue a small heart over each of the chenille stems that are attached to the poster board.
- Glue a large red heart at the other end of each of the chenille stems.
- Let the children decorate using the remaining small craft foam hearts or any other decoration such as lace, stickers, markers, and crayons.
- Tape, glue, or staple the hat closed to fit the child. (Paper clips also work)
- If you cannot find pre-cut foam hearts, buy regular sheets of craft foam and cut out hearts yourself.
- You can use a cookie cutter to obtain a heart shape. You can use tacky glue, but it will need to set up overnight before wearing.